Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For colored girls poem #2

Without any assistance from you

Without any assistance or guidance from you
I have loved you assiduously for 8 months 2 weeks & a day
I have been stood up four times
I’ve left 7 packages on yr doorstep
forty poems 2 plants & 3 handmade notecards I left
town so I cd send to you have been no help to me
on my job
you call at 3:00 in the morning on weekdays
so I cd drive 27 ½ miles cross the bay before I go to work
charmin charmin
but you are of no assistance
I want you to know
this waz an experiment
to see ho selfish I cd be
if I wd really carry on to snare a possible lover
if I waz capable of debasin myself for the love of another
if I cd stand not being wanted
when I wanted to be wanted
& I cannot
so
with no further assistance & no guidance from you
I am endin this affair


This note is attached to a plant
I’ve been waterin since the day I met you
you may water it
yr damn self

No comments:

Post a Comment